How to Fold Towels: 5 Simple Methods
How to fold towels? For most people, folding towels is something that is done after pulling them away from the dryer and putting them in a careless shape before putting away. You may be thinking, “why would I care about folding towels?”
However, if you ever paid attention to the towels at hotels, you may have realized how they look so neat, organized, and fresh. That’s the proof of how correctly folded towels can level up the tidy and organized look in your bathrooms and cupboards.
In this post, we will show you how to fold towels in various ways. The best part is, folding cotton towels takes just about 2 minutes with the simple methods we will share with you.
1. Learn How to Fold Towels: Towel Bar Folding Method
Towel bars are mostly preferred for making towels easily accessible and keeping them away from any crease. Here’s how to fold towels for towel bars;
- Start by folding the towel in thirds lengthwise.
- Next, fold the towel in half.
- Bring the short end toward the center.
How often do you wash your towels? Check out our article, Pay Attention: How Often Should You Wash Towels?
2. Hotel Folding Method
The second method in how to fold towels is the hotel folding method. Neatly folded towels at hotels are like signatures. The towels folded in this method have clean edges and can be stacked on open shelves, thanks to their organized look.
Plus, it is not as difficult to mimic the hotel towel folding method as you think. Let’s see how you can fold your towels in a classic hotel folding method.
- First, spread your towel on a flat surface. Fold the long ends toward the middle, one side and then the other.
- Continue by folding the short ends toward the middle. Make sure that you leave a gap where the ends meet to leave room for one more fold.
- Once you complete these steps, fold one end onto the other. It will create clean edges and a perfect compact shape.
- You can smooth out the surface before putting away.
3. How to Fold Towels: Rolling Method
Another way to fold towels is the rolling method, which is commonly used in spas. This spa-style towel rolling method will add a luxurious ambiance to your bathrooms. The aesthetic look of rolled towels makes this towel folding method an excellent choice for displaying towels on an open shelf and storing them in baskets.
Moreover, the rolling method saves more space. How to fold towels in the rolling method?
- Start by spreading the towel on a flat surface.
- Then, the bottom left corner and fold it up to meet the top edge.
- Smooth the towel and repeat the same process with the remaining edge.
- After smoothing again, flip the towel upside down, so the longer edge is near you. The pointed edge should be on the right.
- Start rolling the towel from the left side to the pointed end.
- You can secure the tip by tucking it inside.
4. How to Fold Towels: Stacking
How to fold towels in the hotel-style? You may often see perfectly stacked towels at the hotels. You can fold hand towels or bath towels and make a tidy stack in a hotel-style by following the steps below.
- Begin by spreading the towel horizontally out on a surface.
- Fold the towel into thirds from top to bottom.
- Next, fold it in half from the side, and don’t forget to smooth it out in every step.
- Fold in half once more, and then stack with the folded edge pointing out.
- Now, your towels will look as tidy and clean as in the luxury hotels!
Poor quality towels may not look organized and neat no matter how you fold them. Take a look at robesNmore’s high-quality cotton towels.
5. How to Fold Towels: To Store in Drawers
Well-folded towels provide an organized and clean look in your drawers. Moreover, if you fold your towels in a compact and sleek shape to store in drawers, you can achieve more storage space. You may follow the steps below to learn how to fold towels to store in drawers.
- Lay your towel out lengthways on a flat surface.
- Make sure the longest length is closest to you.
- Next, fold your towel in half horizontally.
- Then, fold it in half from left to right. Once you are done, fold again into thirds.
- You can continue folding other towels in this method to place them into the drawers.
Now that you learned how to fold towels, you can keep them organized. But do you know how to wash towels? Read our article, All Details as an Extensive Guide: How to Wash Towels? To find out.