Do You Know Exactly What is A Washcloth
There are many towel options such as bath towel, peshtemal, hand towel, which you can use to dry any surface. One of them is washcloth. So what is a washcloth? Although there are a few washcloths in almost every house, it is not clear how exactly these towels work, where they can be used, their differences from other towels and how they can be kept clean. However, washcloths, which have different functions than standard towels, are a very functional type of towel when used correctly.
If you want to learn the correct use of washcloth and become conscious before you go shopping for towels, you may not find a better guide than robesNmore. So let's take a look at the important points you need to know about washcloth.
What is A Washcloth?
Some know it as a washrag, some others as a flannel. In addition, washcloths, also called facecloths or dishcloths, can be defined as basically small size towels. Like other towels, washcloths with absorbent textures are used to dry surfaces. With this aspect, you may think that washcloth is not so different from other towels. However, washcloths offer a very practical use thanks to their small size and can offer the functionality you will not find in other towels.
Washcloths are usually 12 x 12 inches or 13 x 13 inches. In other words, washcloth sizes are 30 x 30 centimeters or 33 x 33 centimeters. These small and square-shaped soft terrycloth towels can be produced in a thin or thick structure. You can find cotton, microfiber, bamboo, or muslin options for washcloths. Now that you know the answer to what is a washcloth, it's time to learn how to use these unique towels.
Ways to Use Washcloths
- Washcloths are not suitable for drying your entire body. Although it is technically a towel, it does not have enough surface to absorb moisture all over your body due to its size. However, as part of your personal care, we can claim that washcloths can be one of your best assistants in your daily facial cleansing. Thanks to its textured structure, washcloth can make it easier for you to remove dead cells from your face. To do this, simply press the towel on your face and rub it. But at this point, you should be careful. If you press the washcloth too much on your skin, your face may become red, irritated or swollen.
- When you wake up in the morning, you can use a washcloth to spread soap on your skin while washing your face. Pour your soap into your little towel moistened with water, then make it foam, and apply the towel to your face. And that’s it! After making sure that your face is thoroughly cleaned, you can purify your skin with soap with plenty of water.
- It is also possible to dry your face with a washcloth. The washcloth is a towel that fits exactly the size of your face so that you won't get dirty a larger towel.
- Washcloths are also ideal for cleansing your body from dead cells while in the shower. So you can use it as a loofah. You can also feel yourself above the clouds while rubbing your skin with its soft texture.
- Washcloths can also be used in the kitchen. You can use the washcloth to dry small objects such as cups, forks, spoons or to remove stains on the counter surface.
- Washcloth may be one of your biggest helpers in household cleaning as well as kitchenware. You can easily clean your decorative items with washcloths that you can use like dustrug.
How to Care Washcloths
Hygiene is also critically important for washcloths. Because washcloths, which are one of the daily use tools, come into direct contact with your skin. Therefore, you should wash it regularly and make sure it is clean. Although other towels are used several times before washing, you should never skip washing washcloths after use once. If you forget to wash, mold can grow on the terry cloth. To learn how to wash your towel optimally, please read the written directions on the tag of washcloths.
Since bacteria will overgrow in a humid environment, we recommend that you do not reuse the once-used washcloths thoroughly. In addition, washing your washcloth will also help to remove makeup residues and soaps. If you follow all these steps, your washcloth will give you the best results every time you use it. Besides, it can provide you the most accurate answer to the question of what is a washcloth.